"It is only after we lose everything, that we are free to do anything"

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Visions

Cities fall like icy cliffs, smashing into the water below. A man cries his name to the wind, but there is no one to hear it. Where will you be the end is truly insight?
There is one who lies dormant, deep within the land. Slowly dawning from his age long slumber he stirs, restless in the night. Mountains move, the earth is changing. With every waking hour we rot away, our souls blowing in the winters breeze. I wait for you in the blistering cold, but you say you prefer to stay inside.
My darling, why must you do this to yourself?
I see your silhouette in the window, your perfect profile lighting up the night. But it isn't really you. Merely just an image lost in time. If you ever return I will still be here, waiting at your door.
Lurid dreams become apparent and slowly, ever so slowly, you start to realize what is really happening. A knock at the door, a howl at the moon, a flash of darkness in the night. I dare to dream of you, that once again you may become real. But deep in my heart i know this will never happen. You are gone. I don't even know if you ever existed in the first place.
A wiry hand reaches from a dark cloak and grips your arm. You fight it at first, but as always you learn to submit.
Cities in rubble, fire burning unseen throughout the lands.
Visions of horror sweep my mind.
How do you not see this?
But then again, you never did.

No comments:

Post a Comment