"It is only after we lose everything, that we are free to do anything"

Monday, August 16, 2010

My life's passion

Pretty soon i'm gonna have to explain why i love flying in front of the people it really matters to, and i figured this was a good place to start. here goes.

So all my life, I've wanted to fly. I've wanted it more than anything else in the world. Being in the air just grants you an indescribable amount of perspective. No matter how big your problems are, within minutes you can be 1000 feet away, looking down, and seeing how small it really is in the fist place. The high fresh air is (literally and metaphorically) oxygen to my lungs and i can breathe deep and content. So maybe I've had a fight with someone, perhaps even home life is getting me down. No matter the problem, it all fades away when i'm up high in the sky. Every climb and descent makes my body tingle, the sensations of ducking and weaving through the clear crisp air. Its like nothing else on earth.
At the moment, every now and then i'll have a lesson on a little thing called a Jabiru. It travels at about 80 knots, and i find it pretty incredible. But to imagine i could fly something that goes so much faster... a super hornet traveling faster than 350 metres a second, now that just gives me the shivers. Could you imagine going faster than almost everyone else in the world ever will? Flying at heights only achieved by a few? I really do find it incredible.
This truly is my life's passion, and i will fight to the bitter end to achieve my goal. I know i have the potential inside of me, i just need to kick it into gear.

No comments:

Post a Comment