"It is only after we lose everything, that we are free to do anything"

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Rule 31: Enjoy the little things

Its fast getting to that part of the school term where things are due, i'm not doing all my homework, and everything is just getting pretty frantic. Without fail it happens every term, no matter how much i swear i'll change my ways. Even with all this rush though, the one thing that always gets me through is those little things in life. An example maybe.
I was walking to school this morning, and it was pretty lovely weather (despite how the day flushed itself down the toilet later on) and i was moderately enjoying myself. Yes, the lake was its usual muddy browny green but it still has a wonderful charm to it if you're in the right mood. There'll be birds scampering and the occasional child playing in the park. I really love walking to school, because for 40 minutes nothing else matters. I can't change anything in that time so why worry about it? All i have to do is simply enjoy all these little tid bits that come my way. There was a beautiful flock of tiny parrots i saw this morning. It really made my day.
So whenever you're starting to feel a little bogged down, try to remember how gorgeous the world around you is. Find even the smallest thing to turn your day around. It most definitely makes all the difference. Where ever i go, i always endeavor to remember: enjoy the little things.

No comments:

Post a Comment