"It is only after we lose everything, that we are free to do anything"

Friday, August 20, 2010

These things i call my own.

I want to be a wanderer, walking joyfully through the world. All my worldly possessions, condensed into the contents of a suitcase.
To live with nothing but the clothes on your back in true freedom.
To throw fortune to the wind and forget the place you once called home.
These things i call my own only hold meaning because i give it to them. By themselves they are simply alone. Without me they are without a heart.
Without a soul.
Even the most blackened within can breathe the great wind of life. The mind is your only one true possession, so care for it well. There are so many things in my life. Endless things. They surround me, and they suffocate me. People are pushed away as more meaningless plastic creations intrude.
I want to cast it all away with every fiber of my being. I must.
You destroy a mans possessions, and he feels as if his life has lost meaning. But in truth, he has gained so much more.
I look around these hallowed halls and think of all that has perspired here. The setting is new to me, its ancient walls meaningless now. I imagine all the people who have passed through here and how little they consider the greatness of this monument. White stone glistens in the sunlight, and for a while, time seems to slow. This is my home now.
We truly are animals at heart. We lust, we gorge, we feed on whatever we are fed. Our will is subtly being washed away, like the gentle wave eroding the rock. So few will notice the change. As my home collapses I am the only who fears the deafening cacophony.
And on the darkest nights i will wait, but nothing happens. My dreams are left hanging in the wind as new challenges will rise, gradually pinning me down. Some seem to fight, others simply give in. Cracks of lighting and roars of thunder beckon the arrival of a Saviour. People fall in fear as the ground shakes blinding light silhouetting figures in the dark. And still i wait.
There is so much to see, so much a man will do to survive. A never ending fight with the inevitable. We all want a hero. We all want that one who will end the madness. So much war. So much famine. Atrocities ravage the land like a plague. People do nothing, instead crying out for a solution. No one thinks. We only want.
Yet slowly deep, deep in the darkest and lowliest pits of the mind you wonder whether he is ever coming at all. You fight your doubts but like a pox they stick to you, slowly squeezing out the hope. The hope that it will end. I see faces crying out in agony, pain beyond belief. And i weep. Tears run down whimpering cheeks and my mask begins to crack.
It falls, shattering on the ground, with my true face now open for all to see. They pull away in disgust discovering what truly lies within us all. I never hid it. I never hid anything. Expressions of fear and contempt ripple throughout the crowds and as always I sheath my blade, awaiting a day of true redemption.
Reformed, the new mask hides us all. All of us creators of the new world. Those who seek guidance are quietly trodden down, none of us bothering to ask. A light shines on the wicked, and like a lion bathing in the sunlight she laps it up.
All I ever wanted to do was feel. Is that so horrible? Is that so immensely distasteful that things must come to this? For days, I loved you intensely. You were my drug. You were my whole. You were my perfect one. But all stories must have an ending you said and you shattered ours like a glass. I was broken and you could do nothing to fix me. But you didn't even try.
Ethereal winds blast through the lands. So many cannot the see them, but to me they are as clear as the night sky. Beautiful colors dancing on the rifts between us and the other. This you cannot take away. This is my sanctuary. My place of respite and healing.
A black shadow falls, and night becomes unending. This is truly the end now we think. No one even tries to turn back.
Redemption has come.
My Saviour awakened.
And as i always new would happen, through all our ideals, through all my love, through all the pain, silence falls.

No comments:

Post a Comment