"It is only after we lose everything, that we are free to do anything"

Sunday, August 29, 2010

On the Brink

I am standing on the brink. You never seem to notice the things that I do, only the things I don't. I try my best, but I'm sorry, I'm not you. At times I almost want to fail just to see the look on your face. I'm not a delinquent, I do the best I can. So my rooms a little messy, so i need to do a few jobs. So what. When it comes down to it I do all I can for you. Sure I forget a few things here and there but i'm sorry, thats just what I'm like. I'm a teenager, get used to it. You think you're under appreciated? How do you think I feel working my ass of for the slightest bit of respect. And then you give me nothing. You expect the best and give me nothing to work with. You make me want to leave and never come back. You make me want to cry hot tears into the night. I know you care, but would it kill you to show it once in a while? All I want is something, anything. A pat on the back. A well done. Would that be so hard? I know I'm not perfect, and you're just going to have to deal with that. Even when I've achieved everything I've ever wanted I'll still be doing something wrong. I want to be free, but you have me with a ball and chain. Sometimes I almost think I hate you.

No comments:

Post a Comment