"It is only after we lose everything, that we are free to do anything"

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Mish Mash

I often wonder about the future and how different it could be from the life I lead now. What kind of person will I be in ten, or even five years? Would I even recognize myself on the street? I think about what kind of place the world will be. Will it be that apocalyptic landscape of the 2030's we've all been raised with in action movies? Will the world even exist after 2012? (that last one was a joke, of course the world isn't going to end). But above all that I think more about the people I'll be with. I mean I get on easily with people and everything, but there aren't too many people who I often grow close with. In fact this year at college I'd way there was one, possibly a few others. I don't really see this as a downside, I'd rather be close with one person that still pretty distant with 10. But I digress. The point is, I don't particularly want to loose anyone I'm friends with now, but it's inevitable isn't it? How many guys do you see round with friends they've had since their early teens? Not too many. I know, it's possible, but it still makes you think. Everyone I've seen who goes to uni often forgets about many of the friends they had while they were in college. I mean, lets pray not, but by that time I may even be some meat head commando guy. Don't think this is going to make me distant at all from the friends I have now, if nothing else it will make my bond stronger to enjoy the time we have left together. And you all know I'd love more than anything never to let you go, but like the steady stream life moves on (pardon the corn). Maybe it would be smarter of me to keep my distances. Get a lot of friends who I'm willing to let go. But I just can't live like that. I need people I can love, people I can gossip with, people I can play fable with, people I can bitch with, people who I can talk shit with, people who I can cruise with, people I can man hug, people who I can just talk to with no strings, people I can share embarrassing stories with, people I can laugh with, people who I can sing, dance and cry with. My life is my friendships. I can't handle fakeness. Are we not defined by who we are in the eyes of others? One thing that makes me happy is that I have kept in contact with everyone who I love despite most of them being at different schools to me, and this heartens me greatly. Maybe I will still see you all in years to come. I'm feeling pretty chill now, about the future and all. Not stressin about my interview, the year, or even the next ten. Just being content with the moment and what I have now. Looking back on it, this has been a pretty mish mash post. None of that classic David originality (ha) but I'm pretty sure I've said all I wanted to say. Don't you love a good cathartic blog?
I would end with peace, but with me looking to join defence and what not it seems kind of hypocritical. I think a simple good night then will suffice. Night y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment