"It is only after we lose everything, that we are free to do anything"

Saturday, September 4, 2010

Living By a Song

"Oh very young
What will you leave us this time
You're only dancing on this earth for a short while
And though your dreams may toss and turn you now
They will vanish away like your daddy's best jeans
Denim Blue fading up to the sky
And though you want them to last forever
You know they never will
And the patches make the goodbye harder still"
I wonder how young I still am. How much I am yet to learn. Am i still immature compared to what i will be in days to come? All that I hold as my own is my future, though i can handle it not going to plan. I view myself in a unique light, putting myself under endless scrutiny. I want to be able to make an impact. I want to be a good guy. And I'm really trying now. During days such as these we have to be the best of humanity. Will I ever rise to my expectations? The opinions and thoughts of others don't concern me. They can think what they like. But if I can't live up to my own word, what have I got left. Its time to start living, and step into my own spotlight. Enough skulking in the shadows. I am frightened sometimes, but its always worth it. As they say, you have to risk something to gain something. And if you want something you have to be willing to give something up. Its just the way works. I don't mind giving things up as much any more. I still know who I am. Just know that I don't try to protect you because I think you hopeless, but because I care. I guess thats why I've chosen certain paths in life, to protect others. And I like to think I'm making a career out of it, but that's a matter of opinion. It would be nice to be remembered. I'll never know, and it wouldn't change anything, but its a comforting thought. Even if i was simply a fleeting thought, it would make me smile. I remember all those I call my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment