"It is only after we lose everything, that we are free to do anything"

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Change

Change is a necessary thing in life. Without it we would not progress whether it be change within ourselves or change within the outside world. But the one thing that has been plaguing me as of late is that if i am willing to change who i am, to compromise myself, then who will i become? I do not wish to change, yet all around me i see people changing all the time. Is inward change so inevitable that i cannot hope to avoid it? I define myself by living by the phrase 'I step into the dark without fear or complaint' and an uncompromising nature within myself. If I compromise who i am and the morals and ideals that i live by, i will be the very thing i strive to seek out and destroy. So what does the future hold for me? In truth i obviously do not know, but i only wish live by what i know, and remain who i am, even in the face of hopeless despair. If at the very least i can achieve this, i will live a happy man

No comments:

Post a Comment