"It is only after we lose everything, that we are free to do anything"

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Mother dearest

How do I even start this one? So much to say. You've been there for me since day one, never letting me fall. Kindling my dreams unlike so many who tried to rub them in the dirt. You have taught me so much about myself and the world. No matter how I try, I don't think I'll ever be able to give you the love, affection, attention and hugs you deserve. I guess most of all, I just want to say thank you. Thank you for all the talks we've had. For all the secrets I've confided with you. For all the hugs you've given me. For all the times you've believed in me. For all the love you have bestowed upon me. You truly are a gentle and beautiful soul. Whenever my faith is broken, you help me build it right back up again, brick by brick. I know I can tell you anything, and I could never say how happy that makes me. Just sitting here deciding what to right makes my heart overflow with emotion. So many times we've shared that I wish we could share again. There are so many memories of things you've said to me, and morals you have instilled in me that have come to define my character. I don't know if I'll ever possess your kindness, compassion and empathy, but I swear I'll try. And despite a few things that may have happened along the way (including the occasional poisoning) don't think that I'll ever hold any of it against you, ever. You are my guiding light.

It's getting late, and I really should be getting to bed I know, but I just wanted to say that before the moment was gone. God knows there is so much more I would love to say, but that's for another time. I'll always be here for you.
I love you mum.

No comments:

Post a Comment