"It is only after we lose everything, that we are free to do anything"

Monday, November 8, 2010

That perfect someone

So we sit and wait for them, twiddling our thumbs while the whole world passes us by. No matter how long I wait for her, she never arrives. I am not the first, and nor will I be the last in a long line of suitors, waiting for that dream girl to walk round the corner. How did I know that my perfect girl has already found her perfect man? Yet still I waited.
I no longer desire perfection, that boyish fantasy has passed. What I long for is a connection. Someone who I can talk to deep into the night. Our lives are filled to the breaking point with superficiality. I have friends. I know people. But how many of them do I actually know things about? If you had to give a 5 minute talk about all of your 'friends', how many talks do you think you'd be able to finish? I don't care if she's smarter than me or I'm smarter than her. I don't care if she's christian, jewish, catholic or muslim. I don't want it to be a big deal. I don't even care if I'm not their 'everything'.
I lie alone thinking if I'll even know if its them when we meet. I doubt that I would. I wonder how long it will take me to realize how important they are to me. These questions plague me constantly. The deeper my thought protrudes the less sense I seem to make.
So many people are obsessed about sex all the time. Even in physics of all classes there are guys constantly trying to get laid. But how much pleasure can be gained from such an encounter? You know them no better, and they probably don't even know you that well. Why at its core must humanity be so brutal and animalistic?
Right now I'd swear that I couldn't want you anymore, but I guess i'm still pretty young and dumb. Please know that this is not a whine. I am not looking for sympathy. I am not depressed. I am simply trying to make sense of things. Waiting hasn't hurt me in the past. I'll just continue to do that.

1 comment:

  1. Ahh physics. The most sexually charged class we seem to have.

    ReplyDelete