"It is only after we lose everything, that we are free to do anything"

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

I can't get no..

So the more I think about it, the more excited I am about volunteering for stuff these holidays as opposed to getting the typical summer job. This is for a number of reasons.
1. I'm not a big spender. Well, i guess at times I am, but I don't spend a whole lot. Please note i'm not glorifying myself or anything, in fact that people that buy are lot are usually the cool ones, but hey. The point is at the moment, I don't need the money. If i get a job and have some money to play around with, it'll start being put towards pointless things until I am disgusted at what I have become. And who wants that? At least not me. I will be given the resources to fill a whole i have not yet dug, and it'll make me weird.
2. I'd much rather help some dude out, than work endlessly for a mindless corporation. Sure, that dude'll probably end up working for a mindless corporation, and I'll be buying stuff from the corporation, but at the moment its all about helping people and I'm still taking baby steps. One day i'm helping a bum on the street, the next I'm saving Africa. You dig? Sure, in the long run i'm piloting jets and shooting people.. but hey, thats another story for another day.
3. As much as it sounds like i'm making myself look good, I actually enjoy helping people out (insert Joel: "I'll help you out!" -shakes fist-). But think about it, who doesn't enjoy helping people out a little? Sure, i can understand that it takes a lot of effort at times but i mean when its something simple, you can get so much joy out of doing something so small. I think over time everyones lost that sense of helping someone out. Everyones still willing to help a mate out, but what about the man on the street? Which leads a little into point number four.
4. I kind of want to change attitudes. Yes, I know i'm being crazily ridiculous as always but if you can't hope, what can you do? Everyone has potential to do wonderful things, but we forget that so easily. All peoples money and talent going towards self indulgent fantasies or even worse, just fading way all together. Time everyone got a good spring in their step once again and started pitching in, making the world a better place and what not.
Well i quite think thats enough ideals for now. Later blog peeps.

No comments:

Post a Comment